When it comes to workouts, the equipment used comes in a very diverse range. This is why finding the best recumbent exercise bike for short person involves some serious research and paying attention to a few factors that can alter your overall experience with working out.
Stationary bikes are known for being milder on the joints while offering an adjustable-level cardiovascular and targeted muscle workout.
Finally, recumbent exercise bikes are suitable for both beginners and advanced persons and act as a more suitable option for those who usually experience back pain during workouts. Read this article to find out more.
- 0.1 What is The Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person?
- 0.2 Why Marcy is The Best Brand For a Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person?
- 1 Comparison Table of Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person
- 2 10 Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person Reviews
- 2.1 01. Exerpeutic Foldable Recumbent Bike 400XL – Best Overall High-Quality Recumbent Bike For Short People
- 2.2 02. Marcy Resistance Recumbent Bike Model ME-709 – Best Budget Excercise Bike For Short Legs
- 2.3 03. Schwinn Recumbent Bike Model 230 – Best Quality Excercise Bike For Small People
- 2.4 04. Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike Model 900XL
- 2.5 05. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike Model NS-40502R
- 2.6 06. Sunny Health & Fitness Store Folding Recumbent Bike Model SF-RB1117
- 2.7 07. Exerpeutic Foldable Recumbent Bike Model ExerWork 1000
- 2.8 08. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike Model NS-716R
- 2.9 09. Schwinn Recumbent Bike Model A20
- 2.10 10. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike Model NS-908R
- 3 Buying Considerations of Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person/Legs
- 4 WH Questions of Best Recumbent Bike For Short People/Legs
- 4.0.1 What is the difference between a recumbent bike and other bikes?
- 4.0.2 Are recumbent bikes comfortable?
- 4.0.3 What types of recumbent exercise bikes are there?
- 4.0.4 Are recumbent bikes difficult to store?
- 4.0.5 How expensive a recumbent bike is?
- 4.0.6 Do recumbent bikes involve a lot of maintenance?
- 5 Conclusion
What is The Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person?
For those who are short and looking for a recumbent bike that would fit their stature, the most important factor in choosing such equipment is dimensions.
You’ll always have to check out the ratio between parts of the bike, regardless of its type (be it classic, folding, magnetic or other).
In this sense, the best recumbent exercise bike for short person among the ones listed in this top is Marcy’s Magnetic Recumbent Bike, model ME 1019R.
It perfectly combines convenient dimensions, a number of programs, resistance levels, and weight capacity, all that beautifully topped by a very comfortable seat and a magnetic system. Check out the full review below.
Why Marcy is The Best Brand For a Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person?
Once starting to look for the best recumbent exercise bike for short person, Marcy will start popping up everywhere as the most recommended brand.
The same goes for Exerpeutic. They are very similar in terms of products offered and they can be fully trusted for purchases of this kind.
If interested, you can read plenty of reviews of their products online, as they have many satisfied customers who described their experience with them. Of course, choosing a product depends on your own preferences and specific requirements.
Comparison Table of Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person
|Exerpeutic Foldable Bike 400XL|
|Schwinn Bike Model 230|
|Sunny Health & Fitness|
|Exerpeutic ExerWorK 1000|
|Schwinn Recumbent Bike|
|Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike|
10 Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person Reviews
01. Exerpeutic Foldable Recumbent Bike 400XL – Best Overall High-Quality Recumbent Bike For Short People
- Can support up to 300 pounds
- Measures 33”L x 19”W x 46”H
- Built-in performance monitor with LCD display
- Flywheel with a precision balance system
- Adjustable tension with 8 levels available
Starting with the obvious, this Exerpeutic bike is a foldable one which means a lot of space can be saved. It is a very value-oriented product, as it comes with plenty of features considering its convenient price.
It has an 8-level magnetic tension system that gives users the option to define their workout strength, all while rocking a semi-recumbent design – one of the most comfortable options in the market.
It stands out through its weight support of up to 300 pounds and the reliable performance monitor included.
Overall, Exerpeutic came up with a very convenient product regardless of the user’s needs – be it short legs or heavyweight.
- Can be used as a desk bike thanks to its dimensions and design
- Seat cushioning is comfortable and durable
- The very quiet system with double transmission
- Tension levels might be too weak for some users
- Parts should be tightened after installation to avoid stability issues
02. Marcy Resistance Recumbent Bike Model ME-709 – Best Budget Excercise Bike For Short Legs
- Made for heavy-duty usage using fourteen-gauge steel
- Magnetic resistance mechanism for tension variety
- Can simulate different terrains
- Included computer with LCD screen
- Counterbalanced pedals for extra convenience while using
Marcy is one of the most hyped brands for producing recumbent bikes and this one is no exception from the rule.
The ME-709 model brings forth quite a few features that transform it into the best recumbent exercise bike for short person.
It is fully adjustable, both in terms of tension and size. It can adapt to any leg size for a proper, comfortable, and healthy stride.
The computer is very exact and closely tracks calories burned depending on the selected program. Another important factor is its ease of transportation thanks to the transport wheels added to the rear part.
- Compact design – fit for short people & small spaces
- Adjustable seat for proper leg stride during pedaling
- Wheels included for extra transportation
- Pedals can jump back once in a while from counterbalance
- Adjusting the seat requires force
03. Schwinn Recumbent Bike Model 230 – Best Quality Excercise Bike For Small People
- Can set track goals for individual exercise programs
- 2 LCD screens included
- The quiet mechanism for convenient indoor use
- 20 levels of resistance with different intensity options
- Preset workout programs included
Schwinn produces professional recumbent bikes for those who want to engage in serious workouts. The 230 model comes with a very complex console included that has separate, customizable workout programs.
Users can choose from 9 profiles, 8 heart-rate control programs, 2 fitness tests, and a quick start program. It has a high inertia drive system and plenty of intensity options to adjust to all needs.
As for size, it can successfully fit shorter people. The weight limit goes up to 300 pounds which means that the support range is varied, and the bike is sturdy enough for heavy use.
- Complex console for customized workouts
- Comfortable seating with armrest and seat rail sliders
- Sturdy and very stable
- The workout system might pause if pedaling is stopped
- Resistance is very hard – might not be suitable for beginners
04. Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike Model 900XL
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Adjustable magnetic tension system with 8 levels
- Computer included for tracking distance and calories burned
- Hand-pulse sensors included on armrests for exact tracking
- Easy transportation for convenient relocation indoors
Another well-designed product for short-legged people is this one from Exerpeutic. The brand produces quality recumbent bikes, most of them being highly adjustable.
The 900XL is great for any type of client looking for a sturdy recumbent exercise bike. It comes with extended leg stabilizers for better grip during intense workouts, as well as an eight-level tension system.
The workout can easily be customized and tracked thanks to the included computer. Exerpeutic is known for using a crank system for the smoothest torque – it has a flywheel with a V-belt drive for reliable and steady pedaling.
- Very quiet operation system
- Full back support thanks to the wide seat
- Good size for short people: 54” L x 22” W x 3”4H
- Pedals can easily detach if not tightened
- The plastic casing might reduce the lifespan
05. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike Model NS-40502R
- A computer monitor with LCD display included
- Seat length is fully adjustable
- Resistance levels can be configured – 8 levels
- Made of steel for a long lifespan
- Handles designed ergonomically for a comfortable grip
From its ergonomic handles to the levels of resistance, this recumbent exercise bike has all the features you’d expect from a product of this kind.
It is more than convenient for short people, but – at the same time – it is not adjustable enough to fit the needs of a taller or heavier person.
The incorporated computer monitor is very exact in terms of tracking burnt calories, as well as speed and distance, acting as an odometer.
The entire structure of this bike is made out of high-quality steel, making sure that it will resist well in time regardless of the level of usage.
It is adjustable both in terms of size and intensity levels transforming it into a piece of equipment that accommodates all workout requirements.
- Very solid construction for a sturdy workout
- Tension knob for diverse cardiovascular workouts
- Foot straps for better pedal grip
- Not suitable for taller and heavier people
- The seat doesn’t have enough padding
06. Sunny Health & Fitness Store Folding Recumbent Bike Model SF-RB1117
- It can be folded for easy storage
- Wide backrest for full spine support
- Smart performance monitor included
- Greatly stable thanks to included feet stabilizers
- Adjustable for all body types
Sunny Health & Fitness Store is specialized in products of this kind, but those looking for the best recumbent exercise bike for short person should be in awe when taking a look at this item’s features.
It is easily adjustable to a wide range of statures, also being easy to transport and to store away. Like other products in this niche, it has an eight-level resistance adjustable system to fit any workout preferences and foster a steady fitness journey.
It has a smart digital monitor included that tracks all the fitness goals you might set, also being complemented by its self-leveling pedal system.
This model is overall convenient to use for all sorts of riders but would be highly recommended to those who search for a recumbent bike fit for shorter legs.
- Very convenient size and storage options
- Straightforward installation with adjustable parts
- Magnetic resistance system for intensity levels
- Requires careful placement on a straight surface
- The seat is not well enough padded
07. Exerpeutic Foldable Recumbent Bike Model ExerWork 1000
- The usable desktop area with pre-set adjustments
- Semi-recumbent design with AirSoft seating
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Can be folded up for better storage
- Battery-based LCD computer included
Ever wondered if you could work out while actually working an office job? It’s possible with this recumbent exercising bike from Exerpeutic.
It is foldable, but it comes with a special place dedicated to keeping your laptop and conveniently working with it.
This bike is fully adjustable, letting you choose how you want to sit (you can also sit upright).
Its size is very convenient in terms of leg reach, but using the computer might be an issue for users that are shorter than average because of the uncomfortable hands’ position upon the keyboard.
Even so, the product is a great option to try including exercising in one’s life without leaving the house or sacrificing time.
- Can replace your working space
- Easy to store and to transport
- Suitable for different statures
- The computer is not placed within a convenient hand reach
- Shorter people might not find it comfortable to use
08. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike Model NS-716R
- Can be adjusted according to the stature
- Handlebars are covered in foam for a comfortable grip
- Comes with an included computer
- Can be transported around the house easily
- A convenient size for short people
Marcy makes yet another gift to the recumbent bike market – the NS-716R model. This item is definitely one that you should take into consideration if you’re looking for the best recumbent exercise bike for short legs.
It has a suitable size that lets you store it easily besides using it comfortably regardless of your stature. The bike has a water bottle holder included that’s great for fostering shorter breaks.
It is fully based on a magnetic system for easy tension adjustment. The built-in computer tracks all information you would need from such a bike.
- Easy to switch between resistance levels
- The seat is highly adjustable with an inseam length of 28” – 34”
- Water bottle holder for minimizing pauses
- The seat doesn’t have enough padding
- Tension is not very strong even with the last level selected
09. Schwinn Recumbent Bike Model A20
- 61″L x 19″W x 40.5″H dimensions designed for shorter people
- Supporting up to 275 pounds
- Uses an electrical connection for the computer
- Comes with 7 workout presents
- MP3 input and USB port charger for phone
Schwinn can easily compete with similar brands in the market taking into account the products they launched.
The A20 model surely deserves a place among the best recumbent exercise bike for short person because of its dimensions.
It is purposefully designed for shorter people while maintaining the capacities of the highest-quality recumbent bike. It has many workouts present to choose from, as well as in MP3 input and USP ports for charging your phone.
- Goal tracking is possible thanks to the performant computer
- Has transport wheels for easy movement
- 8 resistance levels for adjusting workout intensity
- It does not operate quietly
- Pedaling is not counterweighted
10. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike Model NS-908R
- Parts are made of premium, high-quality steel
- Suitable for people with all types of training needs
- Wide backrest for supporting the spine in a correct position
- Counterweighted pedals for better control
- Included LCD computer
A Marcy product gets this top to an end. The NS-908R model is one of the (if not the absolute) best recumbent exercise bike for short person.
You can set up the pedals and the seat to fit your needs, as well as customize the magnetic resistance level and opt for preset workouts. This bike is a balanced merger of all features you’d like to see in a recumbent bike, and beyond.
It’s all about the quality of the material used, feature variety, and customer appreciation, and this one rules each of these aspects.
- Length can be adjusted to fit any height
- It comes with a pulse sensor included in the handles
- Tension can be easily controlled with the included knob system
- Not suitable for taller people
- Resistance won’t seem powerful for advanced users
Buying Considerations of Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For Short Person/Legs
Before going deeper into the topic and describing the features that make a recumbent exercise bike suitable for a shorter person, we must first settle the differences between recumbent bikes and upright bikes, as these are the most common products used for indoor exercising.
There’s one straightforward aspect: the design of the bike. Recumbent bikes are designed in such a manner to put less pressure on your spine, hips, and knees.
Reclining backward gives users the possibility to engage specific muscles groups while visibly decreasing the probability of joint injuries.
Spin and upright bikes tend to be less comfortable and fit only a specific target audience instead of all levels like recumbent ones do.
Now, choosing a recumbent bike usually depends on your stature, so you should focus on the following aspects when buying one:
The size of the recumbent exercise bike you’re buying will directly affect how well you sit on it and how well it supports your back.
The best recumbent exercise bike for short legs should be designed in such a manner that proportions fit your stature. In order to find the perfect product, you’ll have to do some research in this sense.
Normally, producers specify the height that is the best suited for the respective item and many recumbent bikes come with an adjustable seat included for an even better fit.
Recumbent bikes are already comfortable through their design thanks to the position you adopt while using it, but you should also pay attention to the seat’s size and padding.
The shell underneath the padding can also influence how well it behaves in time, as well as how much support it offers to your body.
Mesh seats, just as in the case of ergonomic chairs, come with a considerable series of benefits, including the possibility to remove and wash it as needed. You can also upgrade your bike seat, transforming it into an orthopedically friendly one.
Some people believe that it is harder to use a recumbent exercise bike compared to upright ones, but that’s, in fact, a myth.
Recumbent bikes are very convenient to use because of their design and they foster a complete relaxation of the entire upper body, while also supporting your spine and allowing your back muscles to rest.
The focus is placed on the leg muscle groups, and your body weight will be counterbalanced by your legs’ weight, resulting in a very natural sitting position while working out.
An adjustable seat is mandatory when selecting the best recumbent exercise bike for short person. In fact, it is the only aspect that matters if the item’s size is the main aspect that pushes you to make this purchase.
Adjustability will allow users to make the bike fit their requirements as exactly as possible, without making working out difficult for them. For recumbent bikes, this is key for a healthy workout that reduces back pain while still focusing on the targeted muscles.
Since it’s quite an investment, choosing a recumbent bike that is made of durable materials is an important factor. Looking for products that are designed to last also involves a lot of research.
Foldable recumbent bikes might have a shorter lifespan considering the constant folding which may lead to part damage after a certain period of usage, but they gain ground for those who want to occupy less space.
WH Questions of Best Recumbent Bike For Short People/Legs
What is the difference between a recumbent bike and other bikes?
The main difference between a regular bicycle and the recumbent one is the position in which you are seated, so – ultimately – the bike’s design.
The difference applies to both regular, road-based bikes and stationary exercise bikes that you can use at home. Instead of staying upright (which is the actual name of the regular bikes you normally see), the rider sits in a reclining position.
Laying back on the seat helps reduce lower back pain caused by upright backs, as the person’s weight will be equally distributed throughout the body, as the seating area is much larger in the case of a recumbent bike.
Bottom line, recumbent bikes are more ergonomic-friendly than other types
Are recumbent bikes comfortable?
Yes. The main reason why recumbent bikes are preferred to the detriment of other bicycle types is comfort.
The design of the seating is much different than in the case of other types, allowing for the rider to lay back completely and obtain the full support of the spine, as well as the buttocks.
This way, the bike offers a consistent cardiovascular workout without forcing the rider’s joints or back. This allows for a much more targeted workout that will isolate the leg muscles group and show better results in time, all while being more comfortable to use.
What types of recumbent exercise bikes are there?
Recumbent exercise bikes come in many shapes and forms, but those who are of interest to people who want to work out in the comfort of their home come in a few types.
First to take into account would be the folding recumbent bike, which is convenient for storing in a small place.
You can use it and then store it away without it having to take up space. This is the type you should consider if storage is an issue.
Another type would be the magnetic recumbent exercise bike. It uses magnetic resistance, a mechanism that uses powerful magnets around the flywheel to create tension, which is usually adjustable.
Exerpeutic produces some of the best magnetic recumbent bikes on the market.
Can recumbent bikes solve back problems?
For individuals that do not have diagnosed health problems, moderate and constant exercise can help to keep the spinal structures in good condition.
Any type of exercise that doesn’t highly stress joints or muscles would have benefits on the body. The biggest benefit of working out with a recumbent bike is that it puts little to no stress at all on the spine or back muscles, everything is supported by the specially designed seating.
Thus, most of the stress is focused on the legs. Instead of opting for upright bikes, recumbent bikes would definitely be of help for those who struggle with back pain or other conditions.
Even so, it’s best to ask a doctor’s opinion before starting a new type of workout or using new equipment.
Are recumbent bikes difficult to store?
Storage can be quite a problem if you are planning to use the recumbent exercise bike for a long while.
In case you don’t have a lot of space to dedicate for the use of this item (e.g. a garage, basement, or a dedicated room in your house), it would be recommended to opt for a foldable recumbent bike and store it away when not in use.
They are considerable in size, even if you buy the best recumbent exercise bike for short legs, so storage might raise some issues.
You can research the available options and see if they fit in your available space and, if not, you can always opt for the folded ones which offer the same benefits and stability.
How expensive a recumbent bike is?
Recumbent bikes can cost up to $1500 depending on how professional they are, but don’t get discouraged.
Most recumbent exercise bikes dedicated to personal indoor use have an average cost of $300, which is affordable considering that they have a considerably longer life span.
The cost will differ based on the features it offers (e.g. tension levels) and the bike’s type (foldable, magnetic, etc.).
Do recumbent bikes involve a lot of maintenance?
No, they do not involve more maintenance than a normal bike would. Besides keeping it in good condition by cleaning it regularly and not forcing it, you won’t have to invest much time into it.
Lubricating the parts might be required after a specific usage time. Recumbent bikes that are meant for indoor use should always be kept dry.
With a bit of luck, this guide will help you make a wise purchase for the best recumbent exercise bike for short person.
As it might be a little bit more complicated to find a bike that fits your specific stature, the effort involved in it will be well-rewarded in the long run, considering that you won’t encounter any problems with your joints or lower back.
It is a good long-term investment and that’s why it should be so thoroughly researched.