Proform used a unique folding design for the Spacesaver 600 elliptical. The minimal amount of space this machine requires is an important aspect of your Proform Spacesaver 600 review. While it takes less room than bulkier machines, it offers one of the longer stride lengths.
Below is a detailed Proform Spacesaver 600 review, including a complete list of specs, a brief overview, plus some pros and cons about the 600 elliptical. Your review will finish with some common questions and answers you may find helpful in deciding if this is the right elliptical for you.
ProForm Premier 600 Treadmill
- Levels of Resistance: 16 levels of resistance with 18 pre-set workouts
- Maximum speed: 18-inch stride
- Minimum speed: 13-inch stride
- Resistance increments: 12 levels of manual push-button resistance, and six pre-programmed automatic cross-training workouts
- Product dimensions: 27.2 x 15 x 20.7 inches – (69.1 x 38.1 x 52.6 centimeters)
- Product weight: 138 pounds – (62.6 kilograms)
Your Proform Spacesaver 600 review must mention the proven reliability of Proform fitness equipment. The Elliptical 600 uses a front-drive system that is durable while providing a smooth glide. This is a sturdy machine with an extra-long stride length.
For taller users, the Proform 600 has a stride length that is two inches longer than the standard stride length on most elliptical models. Proform elliptical machines use their patented Silent Magnetic Resistance technology that makes the machine run quieter than comparable models.
The flywheel uses an inertia-enhanced design for a smooth and effortless glide, which is gentle on your hips and knees. It has also an excellent bodyweight rating of up to 275 pounds. It is an excellent elliptical for beginners and intermediate exercise enthusiasts who want to target both legs and arms in the same workout session.
- The six pre-programmed cross-training workouts offer enough variety, while at the same time giving you a vigorous workout automatically.
- Each of the pre-programmed workouts also indicates when you should add some strength training sets for a full-body workout.
- If you want your workouts to focus on reaching the desired heart rate, you’ll find the target pacer indicator very useful for reaching and monitoring your target heart rate.
- The variable stride lengths and the extra-wide pedals are great for anyone who is trying an elliptical machine for the first time. They allow flexible stride length while you get used to the machine, plus a secure non-slip pedal.
- The Proform Spacesaver 600 elliptical, while an excellent choice for light to moderate use isn’t a recommended option for intense training regimens.
- There is some question surrounding the sturdiness of this elliptical. It has a tendency to wobble and jerk during more intense workouts.
Other Important Details of the Proform Spacesaver 600 Elliptical
- The target pacer helps maintain your workout levels, so you know exactly when to increase your intensity, plus when you need to reduce the resistance for the most effective workout.
- Proform increased the frame warranty on many of their elliptical models, including the 600 Spacesaver.
- There is a clear-view LCD display with large numbers and letters so you can easily read your workout data.
- Proform included a three-speed workout fan and handgrip-design heart rate monitor.
- The pedals are oversized so you’ll feel safe and secure throughout your workout. They have a non-skid surface, so your foot will not slide back and forth or side to side.
- There is an MP3 player music port, plus built-in stereo speakers.
- The upper body workout handles help you build strength in your back, arms, and chest while you burn calories and exercise your lower body as well.
- You can also safely release your hands from the movable handles to use the fixed handles. This allows you to focus specifically on your legs and torso.
Common Questions & Answers
A number of users, unfamiliar with elliptical machines, asked about the space-saver feature. Their question specifically mentioned that in the Proform Spacesaver 600 review discussions they read, there wasn’t any mention of how the machine folded. So, how does the Proform Spacesaver 600 Elliptical fold up as a space-saver machine?
While it isn’t as simple as some types of fitness equipment, all you need to do is remove both of the foot rods from the back wheel. You can easily lift the back section of the machine to fold it vertically, eliminating nearly 75% of the space behind the flywheel.
Does the Proform 600 Spacesaver Elliptical require batteries, or is it completely electrical?
Unlike many of the smaller, space saver designs that require batteries to operate, the Proform 600 does not need batteries to function. It plugs directly into any standard outlet. The only battery required is for the LCD display.
How is the noise level of the Proform Spacesaver 600 Elliptical?
This elliptical has a tendency to be somewhat squeaker. You can add an extra step during assembly, and lubricate the working parts and pedal mechanism with a dust-resistant type of lubricant. This helps reduce the squeaking of the pedals dramatically.
What are the Benefits of Elliptical Machines?
Before you resort to buying the preform 600 elliptical, it is very important that you are well-versed in all the benefits that come with it. In fact, according to most expert trainers, elliptical machines are mainly well known for delivering the perfect cardio, along with minimizing the overall risk. So, down below is a list of some of the advantages that you can reap using an elliptical machine:
1) Lower Risk of Injury
The first and foremost aspect that one needs to look for is the lower risk of injury. After all, what’s the point of building a body when you are going to get injured in the process? In fact, there are some aerobic exercises that can take a toll on your body. When it comes to the Proform Spacesaver Elliptical, it can easily keep your feet on the ground so that your body won’t have to go through any beating.
In fact, it is through the smooth and continuous motion that you can actually feel any impact on your body. But at the same time, runners can actually take a ton of toll on your body.
2) Full Body Engagement
Looking at Proform Spacesaver 600 Elliptical Manual you will understand that it works throughout your body. For instance, while you are working with the pedals and handles, chances are every single muscle in your body is working. This is by far one of the most well-rounded fitness training one can possibly think of. It can fulfill all of your cardio needs. Neither less to say, it works on the lower parts of your body like a charm.
Elliptical machines can actually bring forth a more comprehensive training regiment, than ever before. Once you get accustomed to the overall training, you can comfortably expand your routine.
3) Better Customization Option
When it comes to elliptical machines, you can actually train every single portion of your body. Did we forget to tell you? With elliptical machines, you can create the perfect customization. For example, if you want to work on your leg muscles, you can just simply discard the handle. In fact, you can even tweak around with the inclination and resistance, in order to get additional options.
Finding the right mix between both will help you to build just the right strength and muscle. Or else you can simply train your legs to reach faster towards your goal. Another great benefit is that you can actually achieve HIIT (high-intensity interval training), which is great for active recovery. Working out with sets of 20-30 minutes can provide you with a complete workout.
4) Quickly Burn Out Calories
Are you someone looking forward to burning out calories at a faster pace? Then elliptical machines are just the right choice for you. Since both the upper section and the lower part of the body are actively involved in the process, it actually requires a considerable amount of energy. In fact, based on your height, weight, and age, you can actually determine the duration of your sets.
5) Easy for All Exercisers
When we talk about ease of use, we mean for all sorts of exercisers. In fact, convenience is by far one of the biggest USP for elliptical machines. All you need to do is hop on to the machine, get started, and follow the rhythm. It is as easy as it can ever get. This is perfectly suitable for everyone who is just starting out in their journey of working out.
This is a detailed Proform Spacesaver 600 review that should help you decide if this machine will meet your needs. Keep in mind; it folds up to save space. Most of all, the price on this elliptical machine may prove very appealing as well. If you’ve used the Proform Spacesaver 600 Elliptical, tell us about your experience.
More Treadmills for You to Check:
Working out is my life. I love to help others see the potential of their bodies as they transform into their best selves.