Fitbit is one of the most popular fitness trackers that you can find on today’s market. It offers a series of sophisticated features that help you keep track of your workout progress and help you get it to a whole other level. Today we are going to take a look at some of the best Fitbit for seniors to improve their health.
Apart from the simple metrics such as the number of steps taken, Fitbit for seniors possesses interesting features that display advanced and detailed health data.
The market is rich in these products, and finding the one that will suit your needs might be much more challenging than you think. To help you make an educated choice, we have assembled a list of some of the best Fitbit for seniors your money can buy in the section below.
- 1 Comparison Table
- 2 List of Fitbit For Seniors to Improve Your Health
- 2.1 1. Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch – Long Battery Life
- 2.2 2. Fitbit Inspire 2 Health & Fitness Tracker – Cost-efficient
- 2.3 3. Fitbit Charge 5 Advanced Fitness & Health Tracker – Supports Mobile Payments
- 2.4 4. Fitbit Luxe Fitness and Wellness Tracker with Stress Management – Comfortable
- 2.5 5. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch – Various Fitness Features
- 2.6 6. Fitbit Flex 2 Smart Fitness Activity Tracker – Waterproof
- 2.7 7. Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch – Built-in GPS
- 2.8 8. Fitbit Alta HR – Accurate Stes Counting
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Final Words
List of Fitbit For Seniors to Improve Your Health
1. Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch – Long Battery Life
This product is one of the best Fitbits you can buy on today’s market, and it comes at a very affordable price. It is the company’s first real smartwatch, and it took all the features from its predecessor and improved them while adding some convenient new ones.
Although this product comes with various useful features, it does have a few drawbacks, among which the biggest is the Alexa integration is done clumsy, and it often seems pointless. It is a minor con, and it does not decrease the value of the product by any means.
Unlike most other smartwatches, Versa 2 does not want to replace your phone. In fact, it is a “dumbed-down” version of a smartwatch which is not a bad thing at all. It is aimed at users focused on fitness rather than ones that seek some other features.
It is beautifully designed and compatible with over 200 leading iOS and Android devices. Compact, convenient, and cost-efficient, this product is well worth checking out.
2. Fitbit Inspire 2 Health & Fitness Tracker – Cost-efficient
Fitbit Inspire 2 is an impressive yet very simple fitness tracker that provides you with all the necessary features. In case you want to track your workout activities and sleep but do not want to break a bank on an expensive smartwatch, Inspire 2 might be exactly what you need.
The battery can hold up to 10 days, which is quite impressive considering the price. It tracks your heart rate, monitors your breathing and heart activity when sleeping, and of course, tracks your steps daily. The product is very light, feels comfortable on the wrist, and is so slim that you can wear it alongside bracelets.
The text on display is very easy to read, while the touch screen feels responsive. It is water-resistant to 164 feet, so you can use it when swimming as well. However, the manufacturer’s manual states that you should remove the tracker from the wrist and let it dry completely after it gets wet.
One of the downsides is that it does not come with built-in GPS, so you will have to carry your phone whenever you go for a workout. Other than that, it is an excellent product that comes for a modest price.
3. Fitbit Charge 5 Advanced Fitness & Health Tracker – Supports Mobile Payments
Fitbit Charge 5 delivers some interesting improvements compared to its predecessor. For starters, it finally brought a color touch screen and a metal case, which are exceptional improvements to this Fitbit series.
This product also added some convenient monitoring features that were previously available only on much more expensive smartwatches. It is easily one of Fitbit’s best fitness trackers yet, and in addition, it comes at a very affordable price.
The product includes a 6-month Premium membership filled with personalized insights, advanced analytics, guided programs, and much more. The screen is two times bigger than its predecessor’s, and the battery can last up to 7 days.
Charge 5 is available for purchase in three colors, and it is compatible with most Android and iOS devices. It offers excellent value for the price, and it is well worth checking out.
4. Fitbit Luxe Fitness and Wellness Tracker with Stress Management – Comfortable
This stylish Fitbit tracker possesses multiple convenient features such as stress management in a small and compact package. It is available in four colors for you to choose from and has five days battery life, which is lower than other products from the list, but still offers enough time for weekly workouts.
Fitbit Luxe offers all the basics that you are already used to from this brand. It boasts 24-hour heart monitoring, step counting, and over 20 exercise modes that keep track of your workout progress. The design is thinner than some Charge and Inspire models, making it very comfortable during sleep.
The product is compatible with iOS and Android systems, but it does come with certain flaws. For example, there is no built-in GPS system or NFC, and its tiny color display may be challenging to use for some seniors. However, when compared to other fitness trackers on the market, it is one of the better options and an absolute bargain for the value you get.
5. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch – Various Fitness Features
Although Fitbit Blaze is not in the company’s core main lineup of products, it still offers a variety of valuable features necessary for precise tracking of your workout progress. It is available in six colors and is compatible with both iOS and Android operative systems.
This product leans toward being a smartwatch, but not too much since using it is very simple and quite easy for seniors. It boasts a bright square-shaped display with easy-to-read letters and numbers. The display shows enough info without getting you overwhelmed with confusing notifications, displaying only essential fitness stats, heart rate, and steps.
It is one of the first Fitbit products with a color display, and it looks much more visually appealing than other models on the market. This device features a button on the left that is used as a home and back command, while two buttons on the other side can be used for volume controls.
These two buttons can also use as an alternative way to select your exercise options. Overall it is an easy-to-use product, with quality features, well worth checking out.
6. Fitbit Flex 2 Smart Fitness Activity Tracker – Waterproof
Flex 2 is one of the slimmest products coming from the Fitbit store. It is fully waterproof and is available for purchase in three different colors. This fitness tracker effectively tracks workout progress in activities such as biking, swimming, running, and walking.
What makes this product different from other fitness trackers is that it has no display. Instead, it features a row of lights with different colors that indicate your workout progress and alert you via phone notifications.
The bands are made of silicone, and you can pick them in small and large sizes. They are very comfortable, and once you fasten them firmly, they will stay on no matter the type of activity or exercise. This fitness tracker’s battery can last up to five days on a full charge.
Setting it up is very simple, and all you need to do is download the free Fitbit app on your Android, iOS, or Windows device and look for Flex 2. Once you pair devices, they will automatically sync whenever in range.
7. Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch – Built-in GPS
This good-looking fitness tracker is available in three colors, is compatible with Android and iOS systems, and has a similar design as Fitbit’s Versa models. The screen is very bright and boasts a very responsive interface.
The body of the smartwatch is made of aluminum with a polished stainless steel finish. It is very durable, and the medical grade refers to its very high corrosion resistance. Once fully charged, its battery can last up to six days, although regular use of its sensors reduces that time.
The standout feature on this fitness tracker is stress monitoring, which is measured via electrodermal activity responses (EDA), and they are caused by the conductivity of your skin. This is activity largely affected by your sweat, which is in turn affected by your adrenal glands.
As far as the workout options go, they include bike riding, bootcamp, circuit training, golf, hike, pilates, running, walking, climbing, and many more. The product is water-resistant up to 50 meters and offers exceptional value for the money overall.
8. Fitbit Alta HR – Accurate Stes Counting
Fitbit Alta HR is a fitness tracker with a relatively simplistic look and a decent amount of sensors. It comes in four different colors, three different sizes (small, medium, and large), and it is compatible with most Android, iOS, and Windows devices on today’s market.
In terms of design, this fitness tracker is very thin and has a rectangular monochrome OLED display. Alta HR is fairly similar to the standard model, except the charger is different. It is also a bit thicker in order to squeeze in the heart rate sensor and offers a very comfortable wristband.
The finish is almost jewelry-inspired due to its slim design and the lack of physical buttons. The strap is very comfortable, and it stays locked in on your wrist regardless of the type of exercise you are performing.
The one downside of the product is its brightness, and during sunny days visibility can quickly become an issue. Still, this is not a dealbreaker, and although a bit pricy, this product offers excellent value.
Now that we have completed a list of the best products, it is time to take a closer look at some of the most important features to consider when buying one. Although they come with similar properties, there are some that are more important than the others. To help you get the best value for your money’s worth, we have put together a brief list of guidelines in the section below.
Devices like smartwatches and fitness trackers need to be durable since you are likely going to expose them to various environmental conditions. Look for the Fitbit that is made of durable materials and that has waterproof or dustproof properties.
Since you will wear this fitness tracker for an extended period, it is very important that it feels comfortable. Look for Fitbit that is skin-friendly and made of comfortable materials. Some of the popular solutions are silicone, leather, and rubber. In case you feel any discomfort or rash while wearing this device, you can always order a spare strap that will feel better on your skin.
Device compatibility is another important aspect to consider when purchasing a fitness tracker. Before spending any money, check the manufacturer’s manual to see if the Fitbit you are purchasing is compatible with the phone system you are using (Android, iOS, or Windows).
The interface of the Fitbit is a crucial thing to consider when buying this device for seniors. If the device has a too complicated interface that is difficult to navigate can be very challenging for older people to use. Look for a device that is easy to navigate and read.
When buying a Fitbit, it is important to check the manufacturer’s manual for the extra features that come with it. For example, look for a device that has a built-in GPS system, solid processor, sleep tracker, or stress management apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Fitbit?
Fitbit is a device similar to a watch that you can wear on your wrist and track the progress of your physical activities and workouts. It also offers applications with various health trackers such as sleep monitoring, heart rate tracker, or steps tracker.
2. Why do seniors need Fitbit fitness tracker?
The reason for this is the same as for everyone else – they need a device that keeps track of their workout progress and keeps them healthy throughout various sleep, steps, and heart rate trackers.
3. What is the most important feature of Fitbit for seniors?
It depends, and it is very subjective, but for example, Fitbits for seniors should possess numerous health stats rather than fitness ones. These health stats should be able to measure heart rate, sleep, and others.
4. Is Fitbit for seniors expensive?
Not really. It falls in the same price range as any other, and it largely depends on the quality of materials used in the manufacturing process, sensors, and other features.
5. What is the best Fitbit for seniors?
All the products we have listed are well suited for seniors. However, our favorite ones are Versa 2 and Charge 5, due to their simple and easy-to-use interface and multiple handy features that the elderly might require.
6. What is the best Fitbit for walking?
All products we have put on our list have an extremely accurate steps count. However, our personal favorite for walking is Inspire 2 fitness tracker due to its powerful battery that can last up to 10 days.
Leading a healthy and active life is an important thing, especially for seniors, and Fitbit is a user-friendly device that can help lead such a life more efficiently. When purchasing this device, make sure that it is comfortable, lightweight, and easy to use.
We hope our buying guide will help you make an educated choice and purchase an appropriate product that will grant exceptional value. Buy within your budget, look for second opinions and reviews, and enjoy your compact and convenient fitness tracker!
- Fitness Watch for Women Men: If you want an all-in-one watch and don’t want to wear a bulky one, DoSmarter fitness watch could be the choice for you. It is designed to keep track of your health and exercise. It track your daily steps, calorie consumed, distance, monitor continuous heart rate and blood pressure, record the duration of exercising and sleeping. Easy to use, additional user guide helps you get fitness watch started quickly. It is made for everyone, suitable for different age users.
- Tracks All of Your Daily Activity: With a DoSmarter fitness watch on your wrist, you can see calories burned, steps, distance walked, active minutes. It help you built a fitness goal to have a detailed of your health and fitness data. Keep you active and give you the motivation to get moving every day.10 sport options to customize how you track your fitness and provides a better training experience: real-time tracking of heart rate reduces the risk of exercise.
- Protect & Monitor Your Health Always: Real-time monitors heart rate and blood pressure with full analysis in the APP. Give you a better idea of your overall health. Automatically recording your sleep and providing you with sleep duration, hours of deep sleep and light sleep, wake-up times. Help you to better understand your physical state and adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle.
- Multifunctional Smart Reminder: Smartwatch will give you vibration notifications of the incoming call, message and SNS from social media software. So even when you are having physical training or meeting you will never miss the important things. Setting alarms with 21 optional themes, sedentary alert can silently remind you to wake up, take medicine or do some exercise.
- Fit for the Water Activities: With its IP68 waterproof design, made from water and sweat resistant materials so you can wear it to all-weather workouts, enjoying the freedom of any water related exercises. Note: Electronic watch can not be used during hot baths and saunas.
- 💓Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor - Updated fitness tracker watch adopts innovative technology to provide you a comprehensive evaluation of your real-time heart health. Just press your finger on the sensors for 30 seconds. The heart rate bracelet will show the readings. Perfect companion even if you are not tech-savvy.
- 💓Monitor Your Sleep Patterns - Wear MorePro smartwatches to gain accurate detection of your HRV and Sp-O2 at night. Automatic record of your apnea times, Sp-O2 average value, respiratory rate, hypoxia time, cardiac load, sleep activity amplitude, deep/light sleep, and REM sleep stage at night, even a short sleep during the day. MorePro fitness tracker watch supports to customize your sleep goal in morepro app. Truly understand your sleep habits for well-being.
- 💓Intelligent Heart Rate/Blood Pressure Monitor: P-PG green + infrared light dual detecting for blood pressure and heart rate to improve your heart health monitoring accuracy. Turn on B-P and H-R automatic detection in the MorePro app, the heart rate bracelet tracks real-time vitals data automatically & continuously, you can view your health information anytime.(Please note: this data is not for medical purposes)
- 💓All Day Activity Tracker - Fitness tracker watch will track your all-day activity, including running and bike riding, which is suitable for the sports lovers. V19 smart watch also records steps, distance, calories burned. With many daily functions like sedentary remind, timer, stopwatch, clock, event remind, remote camera shooting, find a cell phone and incoming call/text notifications on screen & get push notifications from your favorite apps.
- 💓Convenient USB Charge & Wider Compatibility - Built-in USB plug enables you to charge anywhere. No external charger and dock needed. (Generally, the battery lasts for 7 days by light load, and lasts for 2 days by high load) The V19 fitness watch is compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones(not for pc or tablets). Great gift for family, friends and kids.
- Receive a Daily Readiness Score that reveals if you’re ready to exercise or should focus on recovery (requires Fitbit Premium membership. Premium content recommendations are not available in all locales and may be in English only)
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free—and see your real-time pace & distance—with built-in GPS. Then check out your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts. Fitbit Versa 3 is water resistant to 50 meters
- Better track heart rate 24/7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology
- Use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa Built-in to get quick news, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices and more just by speaking to your watch
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: ZURURU fitness tracker monitors your heart rate all day. It tracks your sleep (awake sleep, deep sleep, awake time) at night.
- All-day Activity Tracking: The fitness tracker can track your daily steps, calorie consumed, workout distance and time. You can see detailed data on Hband APP.
- Call and Message Notification: You can get call,SMS messages and SNS notifications directly on your wrist (including Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Instagram).
- Fast & Easy Charging: Built-in USB plug and long battery life, 1-2 hours full charge gives you up to 7-day working time. No messy cables needed, just take the band off from the tracker host and charge it wherever there is a USB port.
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 11 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data. Connect the GPS on your smartphone can show stats like pace distance and record a map of your workout route.
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and more and see a workout intensity map in the app that shows your heart rate changes along your route
- With Active Zone Minutes, feel a buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones during exercise, and celebrate when you earn extra minutes outside of exercise.Operating temperature: -20° to 60° C
- Use 24x7 heart rate to track resting heart rate & better measure calorie burn. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth LE and internet connection. Syncs with Mac OS X 12.2 and up, iPhone 5S and later, iPad 5 gen. and later, Android 7.0 and later
- See your SpO2 nightly average and range on wrist, and view trends over the past week in the Fitbit app (SpO2 is not available in all markets. The SpO2 feature is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition or for any other medical purpose)
- Track your skin temperature each night to see how it varies from your personal baseline (Not available in all markets. Only available in the Fitbit app and only displays variation. Not intended for medical purposes)
- All-day Activity Tracking: Not only track your heart rate and sleep condition, the smart band will also track your daily activities like steps, distance, calories burned and the minutes you take etc, which help you to get a better understanding of your fitness level.
- Blood Pressure & Heart Rate: Bracelet uses high-performance CPU to monitor blood pressure & heart rate, use helpful data to detect your physical condition, Please kindly note the HR is accurate, but the blood pressure is not as accurate as medical device, that could be for reference.
- Sleep Monitor & Text Call Reminder: After connect the app the tracker automatically tracks your sleep duration, sleep stages from 9:00 pm to 9:00 am every day and analysis sleep quality data with deep sleep,light sleep & awake time. It will vibrate to alert you if your phone receives a call, text, SNS and you can reject the call on the bracelet
- Calrious Counter & Sedentary Reminder: Automatically record your everyday calrious consumption, help you adjust the diet. Setting a period of time on the app, then the tracker will shock for sedentary remind, it's a useful function for office stuff to improve health.
- Long Life Battery & Gift & Note: using time can be up to 7 days with full power. Bright color soft band and fashion color screen make it be good presents for sports or fitness fans, youth, birthday, christmas day. Importance Note: Please connect the watch via APP “Da Fit” not on Bluetooth. The time and date will be synced from phone’s after connecting.
- 🔥【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker】MorePro HM08 fitness tracker checks your heart rate anytime and makes you better understand your health trends. The heart rate monitor watch also automatically tracks your sleep patterns and provides a comprehensive analysis of your sleep quality (deep sleep, light sleep, and wake-up time). Help you know more about your health and make a reasonable adjustment to your lifestyle.
- 🔥【Blood Oxygen & Blood Pressure Monitor】Adopting advanced sensors, this blood pressure watch can monitor your blood oxygen and blood pressure. At the same time, the activity tracker records the data in its companion APP FitCloudPro. This health tracker watches can be a good choice for men, women, kids, parents, children, lovers.
- 🔥【Tracks Daily Activities】The smart watch with 7 sport modes records your all-day activities, including steps, distance, calories. Plus, female cycle tracking, sedentary reminder, and other health functions, help achieve total fitness management from your wrist.
- 🔥【Unique Personalized Watch Faces】MorePro fitness tracker watch can DIY watch face, making it a unique Christmas or birthday gift in the world. The waterproof fitness tracker includes many practical functions, Call Notifications, SMS and APP Messages (WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Instagram...), Music and Camera Control, Brightness Adjustment, Weather Display, Alarm Clock, Stopwatch, Call Rejection, Find Phone, Find Watch.
- 🔥【Long Battery Life & IP68 Waterproof Smartwatch】One full charge only takes 2 hours maximum gives up to 7-10 days of working time, thanks to its large capacity battery. And this women fitness trackers support Android 5.0 & iOS 10 and above smartphones with Bluetooth 4.0, but is not compatible with PC, iPad, or Tablet.
- 1.59in l x 1.59in w x 0.49in h. You can also get call, text and app notifications, use amazon Alexa built-in and control Spotify, freezer and Pandora when your phone is nearby.
- Compatibility: Apple iOS 12.2 or higher, Android OS 7.0 or higher, Syncing range: Up to 30ft, Music control via Bluetooth Classic on Android and Bluetooth LE on iOS devices.
- Built-in GPS + GLONASS, Speaker, Microphones, Optical heart rate sensor, Red and infrared sensors for oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitoring
- Water-resistant to 50 meters. Battery life up to 6+ days. Heart rate tracking technology. Saves 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute.
- International Model - No warranty in the US. In Box: Fitbit Versa 3, Classic wristband (both small & large), Charging cable