We are reviewing Best Ellipticals for Short Persons. There are some important things to consider when searching for an elliptical machine, especially if you’re not a tall person. For example, the best elliptical for a short person is one with a shorter stride length. If the stride length is too long, you not only won’t be comfortable, but you could injure yourself.
Here are the ten best ellipticals for short-person models. The list includes the all-important stride length, with only stride lengths for shorter individuals included.
Top Ellipticals for Short Persons Reviews
5. Exerpeutic 4322 Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical
Best for: Users under 5’7″ tall.
- Stride length: 13-inches (33.0 centimeters)
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 16 magnetic tension levels
- Product dimensions: 53 x 25 x 63 inches; 99.4 Pounds
- Product weight: 88 pounds/39.9 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 300 pounds/136.1 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- This is a lightweight machine that has two convenient wheels under the flywheel, so it’s a snap to move around and store.
- You can also use the Exerpeutic 4322 Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical both forwards and backward to add variety to your workout programs.
- The pedals are extra-large with a non-skid ribbed texture for safety.
4. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
Best for: Users under 5’9″.
- Stride length: 17.5-inch stride length (44.4 centimeters)
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 8 resistance levels, plus 7 preset workout programs
- Product dimensions: 59 x 23 x 64 inches/149.9 x 58.4 x 162.6 centimeters
- Product weight: 105 pounds/47.6 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 275 pounds/124.7 kilograms
- Warranty: 2-year frame warranty; 6 months on mechanical and electrical components
- The Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine has a large, easy-to-read LCD with all your important workout data clearly visible.
- There are ergonomically placed grip heart rate monitors on each hand grip to keep track of your workout heart rate.
- Schwinn uses a weighted flywheel with a high inertia perimeter, for smooth and quiet operation.
3. Schwinn 411 Compact Elliptical Machine
- Stride length: 13-inch stride length
- Incline: No incline options
- Resistance levels: 8 levels of magnetic resistance
- Product dimensions: 50 x 23.5 x 62 inches/127 x 59.7 x 157.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 80.5pounds/36.5 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 220pounds/99.8 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- The stationary grips have heart rate reading grips that feed directly to the LCD display.
- You can plug your Smartphone into the music port to listen to your favorite tunes while you work out.
- The LCD monitor on the Schwinn Elliptical Machine Trainer is large, but the numbers are even bigger. This is an easy display to read.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Advanced Programmed Elliptical Machine
Best for: All users, including shorter persons, 5’7″ and under.
- Stride length: 20-inch standard stride with 15-inch adjustable pedals (minimum stride = 14-inches)
- Incline: 30 incline levels – 0 to 30 degrees
- Resistance levels: 20 resistance levels with 10 standard workout programs
- Product dimensions: 58 x 26.3 x 83 inches/82.3 x 66.8 x 210.8 centimeters
- Product weight: 215 pounds/97.5 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 375 pounds/170.1 kilograms
- Warranty: Lifetime frame warranty; 5-year warranty on electronics and parts, plus 2 years on labor
- Besides having adjustable pedals to accommodate shorter users, the Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Machine also has 30 adjustable incline levels to give the most intense workout imaginable.
- There are hand grip heart monitors, but Sunny Health & Fitness also has a chest strap to monitor your target workout heart rate.
- There is a built-in, high-speed workout fan, plus an excellent stereo sound system.
1. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E905 Elliptical
Best for: Users of all heights and workout experience levels.
- Stride length: 16.5-inch stride with oversized pedals for shorter persons to reduce stride length
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 32 resistance levels
- Product dimensions: 65 x 23 x 62 inches/165.1 x 58.4 x 157.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 127pounds/57.6 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 300pounds/136.1 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year general warranty; 5-year frame warranty, and a lifetime warranty on parts
- The Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Machine has a high-speed drive system with a 20-pound flywheel, which has an operational decibel rating of under 30 decibels.
- You can have workout options and entertainment choices by attaching your iPad to the display panel. You can enjoy a movie while you stride your way to better health on this elliptical.
- This elliptical machine shows all the basic workout data, plus heart rate recovery and body fat analysis.
Key Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Short Elliptical
The ideal stride length of the machine varies for people of different heights.
If you are planning to get the best budget elliptical, make sure to purchase the one that lasts longer. These machines are not to be invested again and again, as they are quite costly. So, buying one with a promising life is a wise choice. Here are some extra guidelines you should follow when purchasing this machine.
Some ellipticals offer more resistance levels than others. Which machine you will pick largely depends on your physical ability. If you are already on an intermediate or advanced level, you should probably consider purchasing the one that has a higher range of resistance levels. On the other hand, if you are a light exerciser, the machine with less range will suit you just fine.
Durability and Budget
Same as is the case with most products; you get what you pay for with ellipticals. However, even if you have a limited budget and cannot afford some top-of-the-line elliptical machine, you can still find the ones that possess a wide range of features and can stand the test of time.
In case you are living in an apartment or in a household with people that are sensitive to noise, it is highly important to check how loud the elliptical you want to buy actually is. Luckily there are ellipticals that work smoothly and quietly, so make sure that the product you are about to buy checks this important box.
When browsing for ellipticals, make sure to look for the ones that have a quality console display. This is important since it helps you track your progress and check some essential parameters such as time, calories burnt, distance, and heart rate. It should have nice contrast and be easily readable, so look for the one that measures at least five inches.
Anything that can enhance your workout experience and ensure your comfort and motivation is welcome in this category. Look for ellipticals with features such as cooling fans, audio systems, tablet and water bottle holders, Bluetooth compatibility, or comfy handlebars.
Small Stride Length
The user’s height determines the appropriate stride length. Since we are looking at ellipticals for short people, they should look for machines with a stride length between 13” and 18”. It is strictly recommended that the user of elliptical should stand upright while holding the handles.
Since most users prefer to use the elliptical in the comforts of their home, it is very important to look for a compact model. Aside from the product’s dimensions, users should also allow extra space for safe and comfortable usage. When the elliptical is smaller and compact, you can also move and store it with minimum effort.
Benefits of Including Cardio in your Workout Routine:
- Helps improve the overall health of your heart.
- Reduces excess weight.
- Helps increase lung capacity.
- Bone density gets better and increases.
- Gives a feeling of confidence overall.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is an elliptical ideal for people who want to reduce belly fat?
Cardio workouts are the best way to shed off those extra rolls on your tummy. Intense cardio can be possible on an elliptical bought according to your body requirements. Thus, it is perfectly ideal.
2) Why does my elliptical make squeaky sounds?
Loose or improper setup of the screws may result in your elliptical squeaking. At the time of assembling the machine, make sure to keep the screw tightened and check for any loose ones. Also, do not tighten the screw too much.
Finally, these are the five best ellipticals for short-person models this year. Each one has a stride length that is perfect for shorter users. There are certain features of each you may find appeal more to your workout needs. If you’ve used any of these machines, let us know about your experience.
In addition, tell us if you think there are any elliptical machines that missed the list.
Working out is my life. I love to help others see the potential of their bodies as they transform into their best selves.