Having Nordictrack elliptical console problems but can’t find any solutions on the internet? We got your back! You’re not alone here.
Nordictrack Elliptical machines can be pretty troublesome, and users have learned it the hard way.
So, before you return your elliptical machine and spend unnecessary money sending it back, make sure to read from top to bottom and try all our “hacks.”
For example, you might be able to fix the console by resetting it.
But if that doesn’t work, you still have many other methods to choose from. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
- 0.1 Nordictrack Elliptical Features
- 1 Nordictrack Elliptical Console Problems & Solutions
- 2 How to Fix Elliptical Console
- 3 How to Reset Nordictrack Elliptical
- 3.1 01. Verify That You Can Reset Your Console
- 3.2 02. Insert Your Paper Clip Into the Console
- 3.3 03. Set up the Console
- 3.4 FAQ’s Nordictrack Console Problems
- 4 Verdict
Nordictrack Elliptical Features
The Nordictrack elliptical machine comes with a gorgeous screen, which allows you to keep track of your workout routine.
22 Resistance Levels
With iFit, your machine automatically adjusts your resistance level, making it easier to work out.
The Nordictrack elliptical machine allows users to fold it down and store it horizontally, making it an excellent choice if you’re short on space.
Featuring a powerful air conditioner, this unit will cool you down as you’re aggressively pedaling.
Through the console, you can stream your favorite workout routines and get professional help.
325-pound Maximum Capacity
The Nordictrack elliptical can handle up to 325 pounds.
Silent Magnetic Resistance
Providing a smooth and quiet experience, the Nordictrack elliptical barely makes any noise when working out.
Nordictrack Elliptical Console Problems & Solutions
Trying to lose some weight, but your Nordictrack elliptical machine stopped working in the middle of your workout session?
Well, here are some common Nordictrack problems and fixes you can try at home to save yourself some money:
01. Console Broke Down
If you’re having problems with your console, check the batteries.
Generally, these problems are caused by faulty batteries. Replacing them is super easy and barely takes any time.
But if you’ve swapped your batteries and the console still does not light up, it means the console is no longer working and must be replaced. To replace this unit, follow these steps:
- Remove all the screws on the back of your console.
- Now lift the console and unplug all the wires holding it together. You should now be able to pull it out.
- Lay it face down on the floor and then remove the cover.
- Insert the batteries into the new unit and then reinstall the cover.
- Now reconnect all the wires. Next, install the new console on the mounting screws, and you’re good to go.
02. Console Won’t Turn On
For some strange reason, some people have had issues after setting up their NordicTrack elliptical machine. After assembling the machine, it just doesn’t seem to turn on.
If you don’t want to dismantle it, send it back and pay for shipping. Here’s what you can try:
- Take a closer look at your console and find the button that says “iFit.” Hold it down for a few seconds, and then let go of it.
- Your console should now light up, indicating it is working again.
Didn’t that work out for you? Then here’s another fix you can try:
- Once again, hold down the button that says “iFit” for 15-20 seconds. As you’re holding it down, it should light up.
- Now get your feet on the pedal while pressing the button. Next, start pedaling as much as you can.
- Your console should light up now.
03. Pedals not Working
Is your elliptical hard to pedal? Well, that means the pedals are stuck in the highest resistance setting.
Luckily, fixing this problem is relatively easy but can take a few minutes if you’ve never done it before. That said, follow these steps:
- First, you need to access the servo motor. To do this, remove the side panels.
- Simply remove the screws on the side panels, and you’re good to go. After that, lift the centerpiece and put it away. Next up, remove the cap on the foot.
- You should now have access to the servo motor. If you can’t find it, you might have to start pedaling to access it.
- Now set your machine to the lowest resistance setting. Next, remove the cable from the pulley next to the motor.
- Set the resistance to the highest setting and get the cable underneath the pulley and then hook it into the slot it was in before.
- Tighten the adjustment nut for the tension of the cable and then the little nut underneath. Finally, put everything back on.
04. Nordictrack Treadmill Stuck on iFit Screen
Nordictrack elliptical problems are annoying to deal with. But getting stuck on the iFit screen takes it to a whole new concept.
This happens from time to time. So, don’t worry about it. The problem is, the APP stops working as soon as you launch it.
To fix this problem, download and reinstall it. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Stop the application from starting by drawing an “8” on the screen. You should now be on the home screen.
- Press the settings icon and then click on “applications.” After that, press where it says “manage applications.”
- You should now see some applications on your screen. Tap on the “iFit” APP.
- Next up, click where it says “force stop.” That way, the application won’t launch.
- Now press the back arrow two times. See the unknown sources option?
- Well, make sure it is green. If it’s not, tap on it. After that, go back to the home screen.
- Launch your web browser. Now copy and paste the following link into your search bar: “bit.ly/ifitfix.”
- After that, your app should start downloading. Depending on your internet connection, this could take several minutes.
- Android will automatically stop this app from being installed.
- So, drag down your menu bar and then tap on the app you’re trying to install. A window should now pop up. Tap on “OK.”
- After installing the file, click on “OK.” The app will now launch, indicating, you’ve successfully installed it.
05. Nordictrack Treadmill Buttons Not Working
Having problems with your buttons on the machine? Then you might have to clean a few cables.
This process is relatively simple and can be done by anybody. To properly clean your wires, follow these steps:
- First, get a pencil eraser, a rag, and an electronics cleaner. Next, pull your console from the base.
- Disconnect the ribbon cables from the motherboard. After that, remove all the gunk from the ribbon cables using the pencil eraser.
- Now you should end up with some residue from the pencil eraser. Simply grab your electronics cleaner and then spray it on the ribbon cables.
- Wipe off the wires using a rag. After that, plug in the ribbon cables. Finally, reinstall the console.
How to Fix Elliptical Console
Dead batteries are one of the most common Nordictrack console problems.
When your batteries stop working, they can prevent the console from starting up. So, to replace the batteries, follow these steps:
01. Remove the Shield
First, you need to remove the shield that’s on the front or the back. Generally, this cover is held by a few screws. So, take your screwdriver and get them off.
However, if you have an older model, perhaps the battery is on the back of the console. So, remove all the screws holding it together and then pull it out.
You should now have access to the back side. Lay it on the floor and then open the cover.
But if your console snaps in, get a butter knife. Pry around the edges to get it off. Be careful, though.
You don’t want to go too hard on it. Take your time and go easy on it.
02. Replace the Battery
After removing the shield from the console, remove the old batteries, grab the new ones, and insert them into the console.
When installing the batteries, please make sure they are correctly oriented.
Otherwise, the console won’t turn on, and you’ll have to take it apart again. Now reinstall the cover, and your console should light up.
How to Reset Nordictrack Elliptical
Elliptical machines have problems here and there. Luckily, some of these issues can be easily fixed by performing a simple software reset. To do this, follow these steps:
01. Verify That You Can Reset Your Console
Restoring the console to factory settings only works on specific models. So, before moving any further, make sure your unit meets the following:
- Go to settings and verify your software version.
- If your software begins with 7.1 or higher, then you can reset your console.
02. Insert Your Paper Clip Into the Console
Get a paper clip to reset your console. Now turn off the power to your equipment. Next, locate the pinhole on your machine.
Generally, it is on the side of the elliptical. If you can’t find it, refer to your owner’s manual.
Now insert the paper clip into the pinhole. As you are holding down the paper clip, flip the power switch back on.
03. Set up the Console
As soon as the console lights up, remove the paper clip. Now a blue text will appear, indicating the console will begin to reset.
This process can take up to 30 minutes. However, if the boot-up screen is still up after 30 minutes, repeat the process again.
After resetting the console, reconnect to your WI-FI connection, and then select your time zone. Once that’s done, the console will automatically update to the latest version.
FAQ’s Nordictrack Console Problems
Still running into Nordictrack elliptical console problems? Then give these tricks a try:
Why did my elliptical stop working?
We can’t say for sure why your elliptical stopped working randomly.
However, you could check the battery and the electrical connections and make sure they are still working. If that’s not the case, try resetting your console.
Why is my elliptical beeping?
Remove the console from the machine, and then crack it open. Now disconnect the ribbon cable.
This wire is for the iFit system. However, for some strange reason, this cable makes your elliptical beep.
After unplugging it, you won’t be able to use your iFit system, but the problems should be fixed.
Why does my NordicTrack elliptical squeak?
Check the condition of the rollers. If there’s something wrong with them, perhaps you’re getting a little bit of friction there.
If that’s not the case, inspect the gliders. If they are dirty, clean them out, and your elliptical should work again.
How do I fix the NordicTrack elliptical resistance?
Pop off the side panels on your elliptical. Now find your servo motor. If you take a closer look, there’s a cable on the pulley.
This cable should be running underneath and around. If it’s a little bit off, adjust it, and you should be good to go.
What size batteries does a NordicTrack elliptical take?
The NordicTrack elliptical takes four 1.5V “D” batteries. Unfortunately, they don’t come with the machine and must be purchased separately.
For better results, avoid using alkaline batteries. Nordictrack does not recommend those batteries.
Why is my elliptical not turning on?
If your elliptical is not turning on, check the batteries on the back of the console.
There is a high chance they stopped working and must be replaced. If you’re still having any problems, consider replacing the console itself.
It’s no fun spending hours fixing Nordictrack elliptical console problems—especially if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Luckily, some of these problems don’t take much time to fix.
Perhaps, you might have a little bit of trouble fixing your resistance level when adjusting the cable on the pulley, but that’s about it.
Replacing batteries, consoles, and wires are all simple fixes you can do on your own.
You don’t need to call Nordictrack and spend unnecessary time proving you bought the machine at a certified store.
Take some time, read through our guide, try all our solutions, and you will be OK.