If you’re someone who likes to work out but you aren’t sure what exercises would work best to get bigger thighs, we’re here to help! Working out and going to the gym is already hard enough on its own, without having to go through the additional stress of figuring out which exercises to go for.
Another inconvenience is that figuring out a workout plan can be super time-consuming and frustrating if you aren’t talking to a professional trainer.
Of course, having a personal trainer who can explain everything and monitor your progress would be great, but not everyone has the time or finances for such a luxury.
Not to worry, though! We can help you learn a few neat exercises that aren’t too difficult and are quite beneficial to you.
To help you save time and effort, we compiled a list of the top 5 thigh exercises that you can do daily to get bigger thighs.
That way, you won’t have to spend an eternity trying to find info online or pay someone a small fortune to show you a few simple tricks. Take a look below to find all the details and start working out like a pro in no time!
Top 5 Exercises To Get Bigger Thighs
You don’t have to waste time searching the Internet relentlessly to find useful thigh exercises. Take a look below to find 5 quick and easy exercises to get bigger thighs in no time:
1. Squats—3 Sets of 10 Reps
This time-tested thigh exercise can help you build and sustain powerful leg muscles. These squats may be performed without weights. This is how:
- Stretch your arms out in front of you as you stand
- Pretend to sit like there is an imaginary chair behind you
- As you descend, continue to keep your knees behind your toes
- Back up to the beginning
- Always keep your chest up
2. Lunges—3 Sets of 10 Reps
This exercise is a fantastic lower-body workout. Your knee-supporting lower leg muscles could get stronger as a result. This is how to perform it:
- Your right foot should be in front of your left
- Put your left knee in this position, then slowly lower it to the floor
- Make sure your right knee doesn’t extend past your toes
- As you rise back to the starting position, keep your back straight
- Keep in mind that this exercise will cause your quadriceps and hamstrings to tense up.
3. Wall Sit—30-60 Seconds
The quad muscles and other large leg muscles benefit greatly from this exercise. You can do it by following the next steps:
- Place your feet firmly on the ground while leaning your back against a wall
- Sit down while lowering yourself gradually
- Make sure you maintain a flat back against the wall
- As soon as your legs are at a 90-degree angle, stop and maintain the posture
- Hold the position with your hands on your knees
- Hold the posture for 30 to 60 seconds
4. Glute Bridges—3 Sets of 10 Reps
The name of this exercise speaks for itself. This workout will help you develop your gluteus maximus muscles. Here’s how to do it:
- Take a seat on a mat or the ground
- As much as you can, bring your heels up to your booty
- Lay down on the floor with your back straight
- Outstretch your arms to the side
- Slowly raise your pelvis while keeping your abs firm and your back straight
- Hold, then descend one more
5. Fire Hydrants—3 Sets of 10 Reps
With this simple thigh workout that engages the glutes, your legs will be extra firm. The steps are as follows:
- Begin on all fours
- Keep your hands behind your shoulders and your knees beneath your hips
- Lift your right leg up and away from your body while flexing your right foot
- Try to raise yourself as high as you can, then hold
- Repeat by descending once more
- As you raise and extend your leg, you should experience tightness in your glutes
What Food Is Good for Getting Bigger Thighs?
When it comes to working out regularly, paying attention to your diet is essential to get the best results. You should consider adding the following nutrients to your diet to make your workout plans go as smoothly as possible and get the best results in the shortest amount of time:
- Healthy carbs—Before exercising, carbs can be quite beneficial since they are swiftly and readily transformed into energy by your body, which keeps you feeling energized. Make an effort to consume a large proportion of complex carbohydrates that can be found in foods including whole grains, veggies, and fruits
- Healthy fats—For your health and fitness, you need good fats. For starters, a balanced diet must include healthy unsaturated fats since they aid in the absorption of vital vitamins from meals and provide a lot of energy. Stock up on monounsaturated fats by eating things like salmon, almonds, and avocados
- Healthy proteins—Your muscles need protein to grow and develop. After an exercise, proteins will help you rebuild and regenerate your muscles and muscle tissue.
- Protein drinks and powders can be used to increase your daily protein intake, but the protein that comes from genuine meals will give you both protein and other necessary elements. Include things like almonds and lean meats in your post-workout supper
Figuring out how to build your muscles and get bigger thighs doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to know is what exercises to perform and what foods to eat in order to get the best results as fast as possible.
Although it may seem challenging to do all of this at first, you will get the hang of it quickly and the entire process will become a part of your daily routine in no time.
You don’t have to worry about a thing! Just make sure you don’t skip your workouts and increase the intake of the necessary nutrients. You’ll start seeing the difference in a jiffy!
Lazar Sretenović, an IFBB and REPs Level 3 certified trainer, specializes in personalized fitness programs encompassing weight lifting, EMS, and endurance training. With a focus on tailored nutrition and holistic well-being, Lazar Sretenović guides clients through transformative health journeys, emphasizing safety and individual goals.