This guide includes a list of the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainers out there.
Space became a big concern lately, and people try to get the best out of their modest-sized apartments.
A 2 in 1 trainer can offer a variety of workout styles and types, without the machine taking up too much space.
You can get professional results without compromising on space or money.
Cross trainers are now more popular than ever, and their features make them very convenient to use.
We’ve gathered some of the best items on the market and put together a few guidelines to follow before making your purchase.
- 0.1 What is the Best 2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike Machine?
- 0.2 Why is Body Rider the Best brand For 2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike Machines?
- 1 Top 10 Best 2 in 1 Elliptical And Bike Reviews
- 1.1 01. 2 in 1 Elliptical Trainer from Body Rider, Model BRD2000
- 1.2 02. Hybrid Trainer from ProForm, Model PFEL03815K
- 1.3 03. FreeStep Cross Trainer from Teeter, Model LT1
- 1.4 04. Trio Trainer Machine from Body Power, Model BRT5088
- 1.5 05. 2 in 1 Trainer from Plasma Fit, Model 2350X-PRO
- 1.6 06. 3 in 1 Exercise Machine from Body Champ, Model BRT1875
- 1.7 07. 2 in 1 Elliptical Fan Bike from Goplus, Central Handlebar Model
- 1.8 08. 2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike from Body Champ, Model BRM3671
- 1.9 09. 2 in 1 Cross Trainer from Best Choice Products, Model SKY1733
- 1.10 10. 3 in 1 Trio Trainer from Body Champ, Model BRT3858
- 1.11 2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike from Confidence, Pro Model
- 2 Buying Considerations Of Best 2 In 1 Elliptical And Bike
- 3 FAQ’s 2 in 1 Elliptical Cross Trainer & Exercise Bike Reviews
- 3.0.1 What is a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
- 3.0.2 Will my joints be affected if I use a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
- 3.0.3 How can I use a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
- 3.0.4 How much space do I need for using a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
- 3.0.5 Is a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike better than the separate machines?
- 3.0.6 Is the digital monitor important for a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
- 4 Conclusion
What is the Best 2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike Machine?
Model BRD2000 from the Body Rider might be the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike. The price-quality ratio for this product is amazing.
You can get professional-like results in the comfort of your home, with a machine that doesn’t occupy too much space, is not too expensive, and is not complicated to use.
It is a straightforward cross-trainer that gives you the possibility to adapt your workouts based on your physical resistance or specific conditions. Overall, you should definitely give it a go.
Why is Body Rider the Best brand For 2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike Machines?
Body Rider produces high-quality machines for physical activity, and they are known in the industry for their high-quality and yet affordable products.
Their reputation coupled with how appreciated their products are and the stellar testimonials they receive should be enough to gain some trust in the brand.
They also have quite a large variety of elliptical and bike cross trainers, giving potential clients plenty of options to choose from.
Top 10 Best 2 in 1 Elliptical And Bike Reviews
01. 2 in 1 Elliptical Trainer from Body Rider, Model BRD2000
- Dual exercise modes
- Workout tracker included
- Customizable workout session
- Adjustable resistance levels
- Adjustable seat and handlebars
This 2 in 1 elliptical and bike from Body Rider is a great product to try out for a hybrid workout. It offers the possibility to run a total body workout without investing in two different machines.
The trainer can be used either as an upright bike or as a classic elliptical. It comes with an adjustable seat and handlebars for a perfect fit.
It’s important to mention that the seat adjusts vertically and horizontally, making the BRD2000 model quite a versatile product.
The seating is very comfortable thanks to the high-quality padding while the elliptical function is suitable for a wide range of heights.
The machine relies on a chain-driven fan wheel for smooth rotations, combined with fan blades. The system is designed in such a manner to avoid heavy pressure on the knees.
You can also track your progress with the built-in electronic console, and the intensity of the workout can be adjusted with the manual turn knob for resistance levels.
The workout intensity can be adapted to your age, preferences, and goals, without the need of forcing your limits. Note that it might start getting noisy after a few months of usage.
- The flywheel is covered for extra protection
- The transition between standing and sitting workouts is smooth
- The seating has extra foam padding for better comfort
- It can become quite noisy in time
- Not ideal for long-term usage
02. Hybrid Trainer from ProForm, Model PFEL03815K
- Electronic tracker included
- 2 in 1 function – elliptical and recumbent bike
- 16 different resistance levels – can be set digitally
- Silent magnetic resistance system
- The capacity of up to 350 lbs.
There are so many great things about this hybrid trainer from ProForm that it’s clear it deserves to be one of the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike machines.
It comes equipped with features that make it worthy of a professional title, all for an affordable price and small dimensions to fit any home.
You can mix up your exercise plans and target different muscles by simply switching between its two modes: the elliptical or recumbent exercise bike.
The seat is ergonomically designed to provide the user with the best support and comfort, while the handles and oversized pedals allow for a safe workout while standing up.
An aspect that can be perceived both as a positive and negative one would be the iFit membership.
When purchasing this bike, you get a free 30-day trial on iFit to set up your training sessions, interact with other users, and track your progress in a very detailed banner.
If you’re not willing to buy a membership subscription after the trial ends, then this bike might not be the best shot for you, considering the additional expense.
With iFit, the variety of programs you can choose from is truly impressive, not to mention that the computer can auto-adjust the resistance, with 16 levels available on hand.
- Comes with an included trial membership to iFit
- High inertia flywheel for smooth rotation
- Oversized pedals for increased comfort
- The iFit membership subscription is fairly expensive
- Lubrication is needed to avoid noise development
03. FreeStep Cross Trainer from Teeter, Model LT1
- No impact on joints
- Unique, very quiet striding system
- Dial adjustable magnetic resistance
- Built-in digital console for tracking progress
- Friction-free linkage design for long term usage
Teeter come with their own, patented technology for cross-trainers like these.
They also have physiotherapy licenses in place for the gentle motion system they developed, making this product ideal for the elderly or simply people who are struggling with harsh affections like arthritis, Alzheimer’s or multiple sclerosis.
The FreeStep cross-trainer promises to deliver a workout that has a low impact on the knees, back, and hips of the user, while distributing muscle exertion just right to burn calories.
Even though the workout feels light, it’s enough to make up for a full-body workout. Compared to other products on the market, FreeStep’s design allows for burning up to 14% more calories.
It comes with plenty of adjustable settings to ensure that it fits any user, regardless of weight or height.
FreeStep has a reclining seat with three pre-set positions one can choose from, all designed with optimal postures in mind.
The magnetic resistance is adjustable through a knob and it accommodates different ability levels.
The height and handles can be adjusted as well for the best fit and the preferred muscle targeting options.
It comes with a digital console included and it’s delivered with a mat, so the floors are protected at all times.
Small details like the water bottle holder and transportation wheels bring it closer to a luxury product.
- Supports a naturally reclined position
- Promotes a total body workout with less effort involved
- Ideal for older people or arthritis patients
- No heart-rate monitor included
- Heavy-duty components can make the installation process complicated
04. Trio Trainer Machine from Body Power, Model BRT5088
- 3 in 1 device – space saver, elliptical, and recumbent bike
- Adjustable magnetic resistance levels
- Heavy-weight flywheel for silent workouts
- Heart-rate monitor system included
- 3 types of handlebars for proper support
The Trio-Trainer comes with three different types of workout included, as the name says. This is possible because of the handle placement.
You get three sets – one that engages your arms for a complete body workout, one for an upright workout position, and one for a recumbent workout position.
The variety of workout styles and muscles targeted with this cross trainer is truly impressive, making it a good option for the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike machine.
It comes with an electronic console included for tracking calories, time, speed, and distance. It’s a simplistic system, but it’s enough to track your progress.
As for the trainer’s design, it’s small enough to be used in any room of your house and it can be easily stored away with the help of the transportation wheels.
The mechanism used is a weighted flywheel one, ensuring a fluid motion and quiet workouts. The handgrips have built-in heart sensors to keep track of your physical resistance levels.
You can also save your workout progress. The trainer is very similar to the ones you’d encounter in professional gyms, so you can expect the best results.
- Fits small spaces
- Comes with transportation wheels
- Easy to store when not in use
- Complicated installation process
- Tension knob is hard to use
05. 2 in 1 Trainer from Plasma Fit, Model 2350X-PRO
- LCD monitor computer included
- 11-inch foot stride and 21-inch arm extension
- Tubular steel design for stability and durability
- Textured pedals for better support
- Adjustable resistance levels
Products from Plasma Fit are well-known in the industry, and for good reason. The company produces some of the sturdy training machines on the market.
The 2350X-PRO is definitely one of the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainers out there. Regardless of the low-impact workouts, you can burn a serious number of calories in a short period of time.
It’s a comfortable machine with adjustable resistance levels that let you create your own workout program, fit for your current fitness endurance.
Plasma Fit thought the design of this product with space availability in mind. Thus, the trainer can fit compactly in any room and easily moved around thanks to its transportation wheels.
Storage is not pretentious either, in case you want to have it in sight only temporarily.
A downside would be that it’s not the most recommended product in terms of weight support, as it can only go as far as a maximum of 220 lbs.
- Compact design for saving space
- Smooth striding and bike pedaling
- Covers a wide range of workout levels
- Welding cannot support more than 220 lbs.
06. 3 in 1 Exercise Machine from Body Champ, Model BRT1875
- Convertible trainer with three functions
- Smooth transitions with the adjustable magnetic resistance system
- Encased flywheel for reliable safety
- 8 levels of resistance
- 3 sets of handlebars for a variety
Yet another cross-trainer that does it all, the BRT1875 model from the Body Champ is exactly what you’d need for a complete workout.
The price is amazing for what this product can offer, not to mention its high-quality design.
Like other trio trainers on the market, it offers three different sets of handlebars which encourage diverse workout positions.
You can use it as an elliptical, as an upright stationary bike, or as a recumbent exercise bike. Its variety is complemented by the convenient features it comes with.
Right above the included computer, you get a nicely designed holder where you can place your phone or tablet for entertainment purposes.
It’s quite a small machine, so fitting it into your home space won’t be an issue either.
As a mobility bonus, you get transportation wheels to store the trainer away when not in use or easily move it from one room to another.
You don’t have to mount or unmount any parts in order to change the workout type – just hop in, adjust your seat, and you’re good to go.
A downside for this product might be the fact that it can only support up to 250 lbs.
- Upper weight limit of 250 lbs.
- Included transportation wheels
- Sturdy design providing great stability
- Complicated assembly process
- Can be unstable if mounted on unsuitable surfaces
07. 2 in 1 Elliptical Fan Bike from Goplus, Central Handlebar Model
- Heavy-duty steel components
- Cushioned sport saddle
- Adjustable resistance levels
- The seat can be adjusted vertically
- Fan wheel for quiet workouts
This product from Goplus stands out through its simple design yet exquisite functions. It’s a straightforward product with two main functions.
Considering its reputation in the market, it does deserve to be taken into account as the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike.
It’s made from heavy-duty steel and other durable materials which ensure the trainer’s sturdiness.
People weighing up to 250 lbs. can use it without any worries. It occupies very little space and can be easily transported with the included wheels. Previous buyers sometimes complain about the seat not being very comfortable though.
The trainer encourages dynamic workouts, so it’s great for those who want to achieve quick results and power through.
It comes with different tension levels that can be adjusted through a manual knob.
You also get a pulse rate monitor and a small LCD to track your progress. Overall, it’s a modest product that would fit most people’s needs without any major downsides insight.
- Very stable trainer
- LCD display monitor included
- Heart rate sensor on the handles
- The seat is not very comfortable
- Handles must be very well tightened to avoid part damage in time
08. 2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike from Body Champ, Model BRM3671
- Magnetic resistance system
- Programmable LCD console
- More than 10 preset workout types to choose from
- Two-way adjustable seat
- Customizable workout programs
This is probably the quietest 2 in 1 elliptical and bike you can find on the market.
Thanks to its magnetic system, it produces little to no sound at all, so you can safely use it while someone is sleeping or focusing on work.
It has a convenient size, being suitable for bedroom placement. You can choose between 16 levels of resistance and more than 10 preset workout types.
You can also create your own type of workout and save it on the programmable console.
The console tracks all metrics you need to know about, including heart rate, time, distance, cycles per minute, and more.
It even shows the machine’s power in decibels.
It is an overall very good product, with benefits that you won’t find with other suppliers. One downside would be that it’s not ideal for heavy-duty exercising as welding is not the strongest here.
Pay attention to the maximum weight requirements to ensure that your workout will go smoothly.
- Comes with workout guides
- 2 sets of ergonomic handlebars
- Patented design for avoiding joint strain
- Not suitable for heavy-duty exercising
- Screws should be tightened every now and then to ensure safety
09. 2 in 1 Cross Trainer from Best Choice Products, Model SKY1733
- LCD display monitor included
- Frame made of heavy-duty steel
- Workouts can be customized
- Adjustable tension knob
- Compact, foldable design
An ultimate space-saver, the SKY1733 model from Best Choice Products wins the battle in terms of storage.
This 2 in 1 cross trainer is not only a great choice in terms of workout variety, but it’s also foldable, thus becoming the dream of any person who wants to engage in-home workout.
Whenever it’s not in use, it can be simply folded and stored away. You can transport it easily by folding it over and then using the transportation wheels it comes equipped with.
It might not be the quietest trainer on the market, but it’s not extremely loud either, making it a good choice within the respective price range.
Both the elliptical and upright bike options allow for a serious workout with lots of calories burnt while targeting different muscles.
Just as more expensive versions, it has an adjustable tension knob and an LCD monitor to track progress.
It’s an overall good deal for the price, so you should give it a shot. It might be the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike for a person who wants to save on both space and money.
- Long-lasting usage
- Space-saver with foldable design for easy storage
- Transportation wheels included
- Not very stable
- Complicated assembly process
10. 3 in 1 Trio Trainer from Body Champ, Model BRT3858
- Patented design with three types of uses
- No pedal adjustments needed for transition
- Magnetic resistance with adjustable levels
- Preset training programs available
- Integrated heart rate tracker
This trainer has a luxury touch to it. Whoever wants to buy a cross-trainer that’s as close as possible to professional gym machines, this might be it.
This model from Body Champ truly deserves a spot among the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainers.
You don’t need to make any adjustments to the pedals when you want to make the transition from one workout mode to another.
The chair comes with a two-way adjustable system to help people of all heights feel comfortable while using it.
It has an included monitor with preset workouts and customizable ones as well. The handles feature a heart rate tracker so you can adjust the resistance levels properly.
It’s a very quiet machine as well, and the finishing touches are deluxe ones, making it worth the price.
One aspect to keep in mind is that the resistance cord might deteriorate in time for this specific model, as reported by previous buyers.
- Deluxe finishing touches
- Extra padding for the seat
- Two-way adjustable seat
- The resistance cord might deteriorate in time
- Not suitable for people who want a low-impact program
2 in 1 Elliptical and Bike from Confidence, Pro Model
- Two workout modes included
- Can stride both forward and in reverse
- Heart rate monitor included
- Convenient size
- Moving handlebars for upper body workout
Even though this Pro 2 in 1 elliptical and bike from Confidence doesn’t exactly stand out from the crowd, it’s a good catch.
It would be the best fit for beginners who are just starting their journey with at-home workouts, especially on an elliptical/bike convertible.
It only features those two modes, and it doesn’t require tremendous adjustments, making the switching process smooth.
The trainer has a convenient size, yet it is sturdy enough to support people weighing up to 250 lbs.
Overall, it’s a clean design trainer with basic functions, but ideal for those who want a long-lasting, efficient machine at home.
- Compact machine, perfect for small spaces
- Fits a wide range of heights and weights
- Many resistance levels available
- Bolts get loose after a few workouts
- The seat is not very comfortable
Buying Considerations Of Best 2 In 1 Elliptical And Bike
Here are some things you should take into account before buying the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike for your workout routine:
Pay attention to your 2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainer type
You can either opt for manual or electric 2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainers. The manual ones are strictly powered by your physical movement and the resistance level can be changed with a mechanical knob.
They have visibly fewer features than electric cross trainers, but they get the job done just right, so they’re not to avoid.
Electric ones require a connection to a power supply in order to function.
They have complex digital trackers, and the resistance levels can be conveniently changed with a tap of a button.
Another differentiation has to be done between front-drive and rear-drive 2 in 1 trainer. Front-drive ones have the flywheel positioned ahead of the pedals through their design.
They usually occupy less space than read-drive cross-trainers. They’re also sturdier and you’ll find it easier to keep your balance on them.
Rear-drive ones, as the name says, have the flywheel positioned behind the pedals, thus resulting in a bulkier design.
What’s important to mention about those is that they usually come with an adjustable stride length.
They are the appropriate choice for people who have trouble finding a product that suits their height and workout preferences.
Other than paying great attention during the installation process, you just have to make sure the components are in good shape over time. If any bolts are loose, tighten them.
Wipe the trainer to keep dust and sweat from damaging the parts and brush any components that are more difficult to reach.
Check the welding of the parts every now and then to ensure no crack has emerged.
Also, it would be recommended to lubricate the chain to avoid the machine becoming noisy in time. Pay attention not to leave excess lubricant behind.
Wondering how long you should work out on a cross-trainer? This depends on your physical condition and goals, but the standard recommended would be a 10–20-minute light workout for starters.
Of course, you can increase the intensity of the workout as time goes by. You’ll notice a physical resistance increase and your muscles will get used with the effort.
Even so, it’s highly important to get the opinion of a specialist before beginning your journey with a cross trainer, especially if you suffer from specific conditions.
If you feel any pain in your joints, don’t force yourself and get advice from your physician.
It’s very important to use the elliptical correctly and at the appropriate resistance level. It might be better if you’d use the trainer in the elliptical mode more than you do in the recumbent bike mode.
The reason for this is that you’re working out both your upper and lower body, putting less pressure on the knees alone.
If you previously encountered problems with your joints, make sure to look for cross trainers that come with wide pedals for full support and better balance.
Also, pay attention to the workout program you are following, if any. These can suddenly change the incline or resistance level putting pressure on your joints and causing pain.
FAQ’s 2 in 1 Elliptical Cross Trainer & Exercise Bike Reviews
What is a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
A 2 in 1 elliptical and bike machine does exactly what its name says. It combines two types of machines into one, thus offering a higher workout variety and saving both space and money.
Ellipticals and recumbent bikes are some of the most popular home trainers, followed by treadmills, so – instead of buying the first two ones separately – you can invest in a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike.
They come in a great variety of types with unique features and functionalities.
Will my joints be affected if I use a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
How can I use a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
The fact that you have the option to switch between working out on an elliptical and on a recumbent bike lets you vary your programs tremendously.
First of all, take into account that an elliptical workout will also involve your upper body. This way, you’ll burn more calories, and your movements will be ampler.
The recumbent bike option is great if you want to target your leg muscles. You’ll be sitting down and you can set a resistance level of your choice, based on the results you want to achieve.
2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainers are truly versatile – one single machine for many different workout types.
How much space do I need for using a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
Not much. This trainer brings two machines into one, so you’re saving space just by buying it.
You can even find 2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainers that are foldable, saving up more space than you’d ever imagine for a machine of its type.
You can safely place it in your living room or bedroom, with the possibility to store it away when not in use. The best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike trainers come with transportation wheels included.
Even though you might find exercise machines that are more effective and have better features insight, they come with a major downside – they take a lot of space.
For cross trainers, that’s not the case, as their designers took into account any spatial constraints that may emerge.
Is a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike better than the separate machines?
If you’re thinking it through, it’s not difficult to figure out the benefits you get from buying a 2 in 1 machine rather than the separate trainers. First of all, you get to save a lot of money.
A cross trainer with 2 different functions will cost less than buying two machines altogether. Besides the financial point of view, there are also spatial considerations to take into account.
Buying two machines for two types of workout just doesn’t seem right when there’s only one machine that can do both, all at your convenience.
You won’t have to switch devices or store them away while the other is not in use.
Is the digital monitor important for a 2 in 1 elliptical and bike?
Yes, it is important. A digital monitor lets you efficiently track your progress as you work out.
Without one, you might need to track everything yourself – from time spent on the machine to the resistance levels you’re using.
A digital monitor can be highly motivating, in the sense that you can set up programs to follow in a certain timeframe.
You’ll actively see your progress and, if the system is an advanced one, you can build your workout routines for the long term.
If you’re not that progress-driven and you just want to include some physical activity in your routine, you can opt for trainers without a digital monitor.
We’ve tried to cover the most important aspects of the best 2 in 1 elliptical and bike machines.
Hopefully, the information showcased here will be useful in your purchase process.
Regardless of what product you’re choosing, it’s great to include some physical activity in your life. Have fun with your new cross trainer!