Join us this April and May for Mobility and Movement Clinics with BRG member and founder of On A Limb, Amanda Patti.
Amanda is a Holistic Movement & Wellness Coach specializing in working with people who are in pain, injured, confused as to what to do next, and want to get back into being able to move their bodies with freedom and joy. Her approach combines techniques and applications from many modalities, lending to her unique, integrative method of approaching the body and each individual’s concerns as a system of systems.
LOWER BODY MOBILITY & INJURY PREVENTION FOR CLIMBERS
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned climber, preventing and appropriately rehabbing climbing related injuries is a big concern. Building a foundation in the lower body will help provide the stability you need in order to move in an integrated way on the rock without over-compensating with the upper body.
In this workshop, you will learn and be exposed to mobility, flexibility, strengthening, & soft tissue work tips and tools to actively develop:
- Strong, supple ankles that can handle a roll, toe and heel hooks, as well as long crack climbs
- Fluid, supple feet that recover well from being stuffed in climbing shoes
- Knees that can safely move and support your body in a variety of movements
- Balance and strength within the musculature around the knee to rehab and/or prevent tears
- Flexible and strong hamstrings that are less likely to tear or pull
- Hips that allow for a wide range of motion and support you to move fluidly over your feet
- Restoration of glute function from cases of glute amnesia
- A functional core that supports the body and helps to reduce low back pain
- Ways to begin to balance and activate the core that provides a platform for the distribution of forces from the feet through the hands and vice versa
UPPER BODY MOBILITY & INJURY PREVENTION FOR CLIMBERS
Part 2 of our Mobility and Injury Prevention series! Some of the most common climbing injuries are related to the fingers, elbows, and shoulders.
During this workshop, you will be exposed to and learn mobility, flexibility, strengthening, & soft tissue work tips and tools to actively develop:
- Fingers that can take a licking and keep on ticking
- Tendons and ligaments that are strong, yet flexible and less likely to tear
- Mobile (strong & flexible) fingers and wrists
- Activated, functional lats to take pressure off of the elbows
- Balanced shoulder stability and mobility to reduce SLAP tears, dislocations, and tendonitis
- Core movements that integrate the various functional patterns between the lower and upper body so you can move more efficiently during your climbs
Come with your niggling injuries, your movement concerns, your broken, tired, and/or weary body and she will work with you 1:1 during this first come, first serve Movement Clinic to help you develop a movement and wellness plan that will:
- Integrate strength, flexibility, mobility, and soft tissue exercises
- Help resolve acute and/or chronic injuries
- Help prevent future injuries
- Increase your performance
- Get you on your way towards developing and nurturing a fantastic climbing season ready body
Learn more about Amanda here: http://onalimb.org or follow her on any of her social media channels.